Santa Gordon Bailey, creator, owner and head instructor for the Santa and the Business of Being Santa School, has been a professional Santa Claus for more than thirty-seven years. Additionally, he is a trained clown, experienced practicing magician and a talented balloon artist.
Just some of his experiences include:
• Member of AORBS through 2008, FORBS to 2012, and IBRBS from 2012 to present
• Elected Director of IBRBS
• Nationwide Santa Member # R1
• Lecturer for IUSC from the first class held at the University of Southern California
• Double Lecturer at the Branson Santa Convention in 2006
• Lecturer for FORBS Reunion Luncheons through 2012
• Lectured at FORBS regional Reunion Luncheon 2013
• Magician Member of the Magic Castle #9002
• Contributing Writer to the Magic Castle Library Lecture topics, covering Performance Parlor, Magic Performance, Close Up Magic Performance, Walk Around Magic
• Animal Balloons, Face Painting, Clowning Impromptu and Improvisation Performance, Comedy, Make up Application for Clowns
• Make up Application for Trauma Simulation
• Life style difference between 15th Century Peasantry and 21st Century America
• Multiple topics relating to performing as Santa
• Performed as a Professional Clown, Magician, Wizard, Pirate, Ogre, 15th Cen. Peasant, Face Painter, Balloon Busker, Story Teller and Santa since 1981.
As Santa, his experience has included home visits with one family being a repeat visit for 24 years every Christmas Eve. During 2007 season, the last year of home visits, he participated in 130 visits. Additionally, Santa Gordon has done corporate parties, team formation, setting up and hiring groups of entertainers to do large corporate events, including professional photographers, Mrs. Clauses, Craft and Face Painting Elves, Story telling Elves, Magic, performing Dickens players, and corporate Christmas parties. Since 2008, he has provided Santa portrayals working Malls and other high volume venue locations.